The accelerating proliferation of Distributed Generation (DG) and energy storage assets on the distribution system is driving a need for more points of monitoring and control along the feeder.
Built around the Bitronics® M661P3, the Distribution Grid Monitor (DGM) can be deployed at multiple locations on each distribution line to interface with Lindsey and other pole top sensors. The DGM provides operators with a voltage profile along the full length of line, helpful loading and fault information, and supports Distribution
Automation applications like FLISR.
The DGM calculates better than 0.5% accurate voltages, currents, power, energy, and fault data from raw sensor measurements. Custom NEMA enclosures with locking doors for pole top applications are available.
Primary and advanced settings are configured through the Ethernet service port using a standard web browser. Pre-set Modbus registers/DNP3 points, and installation within an enclosure, provide quick setup.
- Configurable RS-232/RS-485 serial port
- DNP3 or Modbus protocols
available via serial port and optionally via RJ-45 10/100 TX Ethernet port
- No need for PC software. Ethernet service port provides access to web server in the instrument so meters can be interfaced with just a web browser for viewing and configuration
- Full measurement set including volts, amps, watts, kWh, demands, peaks and frequency
- Peak fault currents and time overcurrent pickup
- Voltage measurements: 0.2% of reading (3.5 to 20Vrms)
- Current Measurements: 0.25% of full scale (200Vrms input to transducer)
- Updated every cycle
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +70°C, storage temperature -40 to +85°C
- Humidity: 0-95% non-condensing
- Surge withstand: ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1: 2002
- No need for PC software; all settings configured through a web browser.
- End-of-Line Monitor (EOL)
- Volt-VAR Optimization (VVO)
- Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR)
- Fault Location Isolation and Service Restoration (FLISR)
- Fault Indication using a definite time overcurrent relay element (ANSI Code 51)
- Report Peak Fault Current
Built for the Poletop
- Powered from 120V ac or 240V ac
- One physical digital input provides alarm on door opening
- Includes a 12V dc output to power a radio modem or other accessory; 600mA output capability
- Rugged aluminum case
- Easy to mount with compact transducer footprint
- Option to purchase in NEMA enclosure
Dimensions: 4” H x 5.25” W x 6.34” D (102mm H x 133mm W x 161mm D)
Weight: 1.8 lbs. (.81 kg)
Power Supply: 120V ac or 240V ac
– Four terminals (A, B, C, and Common).
– Up to 20V ac
– Three terminals
– Inputs are 10Vrms (representing 600A rms)
– Accommodates peaks of 200Vrms for measuring fault currents
– RJ45 10BaseT/100BaseTX port for service port functions and protocols
– Serial port RS-232/RS-485 four-wire and one binary input