The OrionLX+ moves Orion into new substation automation and SCADA applications that require more networking options, modularity, and power.
Here is a summary of standard features and options for the OrionLX+.
Standard Features and Protocols on the OrionLX+:
- Two Ethernet Ports, 8GB Memory, Single HV Power Supply
- Empty Slot 17 (Port B)
- No NovaCard, No 4in/4out, No Multimedia Card
Includes Eight Protocols Standard
Model # for Standard OrionLX+
- Serial Cards: Up to 16 of the Type A, B, C, D, E, G and H (same cards as available for the OrionLX and Orion5r)
- Port B: Any Serial Card above, or the new Power Serial Card (500mA @ 5V from pin #1)
- NovaCard #1: 4in/4out (HV or LV) plus three Ethernet Ports (2 SFP and 1 RJ45)
- Multimedia Card: “Display Port” Video Port and Audio Port
- Redundant PS: High Voltage (HV)
Example Model Number for OrionLX+ with Options
The following SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) Transceivers are available for order from NovaTech to populate the SFP ports on the NovaCard #1:
- SFP Transceiver, Multimode: 550m 850nm LC 1000Mb/s
- SFP Transceiver, Single Mode: 10km 1310nm LC 1000Mb/s
For complete OrionLX+ model details, please see the latest Model Number Generator, please click here.
Enhanced Redundancy Solutions with the OrionLX+
The five Ethernet ports on the OrionLX+, all on separate NICs, open up more solutions for redundancy. For example: two dedicated, and redundant, Ethernet networks can serve as the “Redundancy Link” between Primary OrionLX+ and Secondary OrionLX+, leaving three remaining Ethernet networks for WAN and LAN. Either, or both of these links can also be fiber optic. See figure below.
Integrated System: Cascaded Orions and Orion Redundancy
Cascaded Orions and Orion Redundancy now can work together as one integrated system, further simplifying system architecture and operation. Cascading enables a single NCD file to be developed for multiple Orions, and eliminates points mapping between one Orion and another.