Have a passion for hand-crafted hardware? Dream in Linux? Does the precision of an elegant engineering solution make you grin? Do you get a glow every time a customer says, “thanks”? Want to learn from the best while solving engineering challenges that matter?
NovaTech is always on the lookout for talented engineers, programmers, project managers, sales, support, and marketing professionals. We offer a challenging and supportive team environment, plus a competitive compensation package to reward your success. Additional Value you receive as a NovaTech employee, include:
- Broad range of Health & Wellness insurances
- NovaTech Match 401K Retirement Plan
- Participation in our Rewards & Recognition Programs
- Continuous Learning & Development Opportunities
- Many, many other NovaTech Perks !
Please submit All career inquiries and resumes to email@example.com
System Engineers – Flexible Locations
We are looking for Systems Engineers to join our teams in Kansas, Maryland and Pennsylvania. To perform a variety of engineering duties such as design, design specifications, software and hardware development, troubleshooting, integration and maintenance tasks required to build or support SCADA/Automation projects in the electric utility environments. Work is performed using well-defined procedures and client direction in a team environment, with moderate level of evaluation or supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Hardware skills in troubleshooting communication problems
- 1-3 years experience in Utility Industry and/or SCADA
- Minimum one year experience in Automation and Controls Project demonstrating PM scoping, scheduling and tracking projects skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, team oriented, results driven
- Able to share knowledge in a high performance team of engineers, sales, clients, and other professionals
- Experience with substation RTUs/IO devices/IEDs
- Demonstrated knowledge of MODBUS, DNP, and other industrial protocols
- Programming/scripting with VB6/VBA/SQL/Perl/Python a plus
- Knowledge of HMI/SCADA Master is a plus
- Relay programming basic a plus (SEL, ABB, Basler)
Software Technical Support & Testing Engineer- Owings Mills, MD
We are looking for Technical Support and Testing Engineer(s) to join our team in Owings Mills, MD. This position will handle technical support inquiries directly from customers to resolve issues; replicate field issue in order to resolve problems; work systems, programming and testing groups to set up and monitor hardware and software tests. Work is performed using defined procedures and in a team environment, with a direct level of evaluation or supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software issues
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, team oriented, and results driven
- Good communications skills are vital
- Experience using software testing and related methodologies, including test plans, test procedures, test scenarios, test data sheets, risk analysis, and regression testing
- 2-4 years experience software testing environment with Automated Testing Tools
- Strong knowledge in C, C++, .Net, SQL and Visual Basic
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change
Technical Sales Engineer – Flexible Location
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer(s) to provide support for various sales and marketing strategies across all Sales Regions (West Coast, Mid Atlantic, South East/West, Central & Mid-West). Duties include, product review of product and application documentation, provision of content for marketing materials, provision of content and pricing for customer system proposals, trade show attendance and exhibition support, sales support for customer demonstrations, and customer training. Travel is required.
- Understand capability and application of Orion and Bitronics branded products
- Consult and negotiate with customers on technical issues, as required
- Participate in Bid & Proposal activity
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations as needed
- Support field sales in customer presentations and at trade events and other product exhibit opportunities
- Provide technical support to sales team during the sales cycle
- Support sales team on technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 4+ years directly related electric utility automation experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with NovaTech products a plus
Field/Applications Engineer – Flexible Locations
We are looking for Field/Applications Engineer(s) to join our teams in the IL, MD, TX, & LA regions. These positions includes analyzing customer system and subsystem needs and designing solutions using NovaTech products, application design documents and requirements specifications. Significant direct customer interaction at all stages of project work. Training is included. Travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- 2-4 years directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with plant instrumentation, control and automation practices.
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS) experience is required, D/3 preferred.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
NovaTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.